Monday, October 24, 2011

Chic Pumpkins!!!

I know it sounds weird to call a pumpkin chic but when it came time for decorating pumpkins this year I wanted to add some flare  to make it look better then the average pumpkin. The first thing I had to do was head over to Micheals (the craft store) and shop around. I wanted something pretty and something sparkly and here is what I came up with.






It's a super fun and easy way to make your pumpkins look runway ready!!

Steps to making your pumpkin chic:
Step 1: Pick out a pumpkin, I chose a black one but they also have ivory colored pumpkins. Let your inner artist come out.
Step 2: Choose some bedazzle jewels. I wanted to keep it clean and glamorous so I just picked up some simple crystal jewels.
Step 3: Make sure you get a hot glue gun and at least 1-2 glue sticks.
Here is what I used:

I wanted to keep this simple but feel free to get as creative as you want.
First thing you need to do once you have all of your supplies is to take a piece of chalk or a white crayon and draw your designs on the pumpkin. I did not choose to do this step but if you feel more comfortable drawing it out first feel free to do so.
Next you want to make sure your hot glue gun is hot and you are ready to use it.
Finally let the fun juices flow and start gluing your jewels onto your pumpkin. Do as many or as little designs as you like on the pumpkin.
Remember it's your pumpkin and you can be as diva about your pumpkin as you want to be about it!!

Have fun and let me know if you tried this!!

xoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment