Monday, July 22, 2013

Rehab Update on Rocking horse

This project has really been such a pleasure and the results were better than I expected!!
Here are the before





The hair was very matted and the tale was missing. I initially thought I could put doll hair but then decided to use yarn.








I think it turned out pretty cute for a little girl.
It definitely needed some paint. Alot of the old paint has chipped away and needed to be brightened up.




Some of the little knots were missing as well. I used polymer clay and glued them in. I decided on the polymer because you can customize the size and that's what I had on hand.




Here is what the knot looked like when I made it out of the polymer clay.





In the picture posted above you can see the knot and also the little seat was dirty. I ended up replacing the seat with a purple terry cloth material.

And......Here is the final pony!!



Yay!! It's finally done!! I'm so very very excited with the finished product! With some fresh paint and some new hair it looks like a new pony. I kept the face because I loved the vintage look to it!!
What are your thoughts??
Have you done and great fixer uppers??
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment