Sunday, March 2, 2014

Wife 22 by Melanie Gideon ....a Book Review!

So this was a book choice for a virtual book club. The book club is a part of a blog called A Bowl Full of Lemons. I was intrigued by the title and not sure what this book had to offer but I was willing to give this a try. Looking at the cover I initially thought this to be perhaps a Nora Roberts/Nicholas Sparks type of a book. After reading it I would say that I was way off, but I would still classify it as an easy beach read type of a book.



The plot of the book without spoilers is about a woman going through her own midlife crisis. She begins to feel as though her marriage is headed towards a disaster. She questions her work. She feels as though maybe she isn't doing her job how she did in the past. Her mother had passed away when she was a child and with this upcoming birthday she will be bypassing the age that her mother passed away. The book is written in a cute and fast fashion. It's a very easy read and if you stop paying attention on a page or two you won't miss too much.  Because our main character is beginning to question her marriage she decides to take a marriage survey that she receives in her email. She begins answering the questions and reliving her relationship. As she is doing this she begins to fall for her researcher. She thinks that she may want to have an affair with this man. It's something that she is convinced will happen and she develops a relationship with this person. She shares with her close friends that she is feeling this way and they of course sympathize with their friend but don't agree with her meeting this man.

I won't tell you how this book ends because I think it starts to get obvious as you get closer to the end of the book but I'd love to know what you think if you read this book.

I overall would rate this book as something easy to take to the beach. It's not something that will challenge you or make you really have to think. The characters are likable but you won't become engrossed in the story. As easy as it is to pick this book up it's just as easy to put it down!

Please let me know if you decide to read this book!!

No comments:

Post a Comment