Sunday, June 8, 2014

The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan : A Book Review

I am a bit slow to get on this bandwagon but I finally did it and decided to start reading this series. I love young adult novels and I have heard many many wonderful things about this book.

The book begins with a young boy who is at a preparatory school and he finds himself always getting in trouble. He is considered to have ADHD as well as being someone who is dyslexic. He does't understand why trouble always follows him where ever he goes but it does.

As the book goes on many of the questions begin to get answered. He is dyslexic because he can read greek and he finds out that he belongs to a world with greek gods. The friend and teacher that he has at school with him he comes to find have been protecting him and so he has to go to this camp where all other children of gods must go to to seek protection.

I don't want to give away too much of the book but I thought this book was fantastic and I can not wait to continue the series. I think it's really well written and easy to follow. The characters are developed beautifully as well as incorporating Greek mythology and some of the unknowns we experience on earth. I think that children who are reading this can relate to Percy (the main character) and really feel better about themselves.

The book is action packed and there is not stop adventure but it's what keeps you turning pages very quickly!!

I highly recommend to you this book as well as the series!!


No comments:

Post a Comment